The Forum of the Region of Harrison
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HarrisonOfficial
Admin

Proposed Statute No. 5 Empty Proposed Statute No. 5

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:28 pm
1st Amendment
Proposed Statute No. 5
An Amendment to refine the Constitution.

Short Title

(1) This Amendment may be referred to as the “1st Amendment”.

Amending Citizenship

(2) Clause VI shall be added under Article IV to read, “VI. The President, WA Delegate, and Secretary of Recruitment shall be permitted to grant citizenship and override the application process."
(3) Clause I, under Article IV, shall be amended to read, “Nations must formally request citizenship for the application process to begin.”
(4) The phrase “exclusive jurisdiction” in Article IV, Clause IV shall be amended to read, “jurisdiction”.

Amending Legislation

(5) The phrase “Laws, Acts, and Resolutions” in Article III, Clause I shall be amended to “Acts and Resolutions."
(6) The phrase “A Law, Act, or Resolution” in Article III, Clause II shall be amended to “Acts and Resolutions”.

Judicial Branch Refinement

(7) Article XI, Clause I shall be amended to read, “The Attorney General shall be responsible for preserving the laws and statutes established.”
(8) Article XI, Clause V shall be amended to read, “The Attorney General shall represent the prosecution of any case brought forth by the Department of Justice and the defense of any case brought against the Government or current Administration.”
(9) Article XXI shall be added to the Constitution and titled “The Court of Harrison”.
(10) Article XXI shall consist of the following clauses:

I. The Court of Harrison shall be responsible for all cases.
II. The Court of Harrison shall consist of 3 Justices who decide the result of cases.
III. Justices shall be appointed by the President and approved by a majority of the People.
IV. Justices may serve no more than 8 years per term.
V. The Justices shall select one Justice among themselves to serve as Chief Justice.
VI. The Chief Justice shall be responsible for maintaining the proceedings and order in the court.
VII. The Justices shall be responsible for establishing the Court's proceedings.

Vacant Powers Act Refinement

(11) Clauses 4 and 5 in the Vacant Powers Act shall be considered null.
(12) Article XXII shall be added to the Constitution and titled “Concurrent Incumbency”.
(13) Article XXII shall consist of the following clauses:

I. The President and WA Delegate shall be designated Class I positions.
II. The Attorney General and Department Secretaries shall be designated Class II positions.
III. Justices and Senators shall be designated Class III positions.
IV. An individual may only be allowed to hold one position of each class, except for Class III.
V. An individual may not hold a Class I position while holding a Class II position.

Legislative Branch Refinement

(14) Article XV shall be renamed, "Congress".
(15) Article XV shall be replaced with the following clauses:
I. Congress shall consist of 3 elected Senators.
II. Senators shall serve terms of 4 years.
III. Once a Proposed Statute is approved by a majority of Congress, the Proposed Statute must then be approved by either the President or WA Delegate. Once these requisites are met, the Proposed Statute shall become a Passed Statute.
IV. The public shall be given the right to observe Congress deliberate and vote on all Proposed Statutes.
V. Congress shall be permitted to establish their proceedings through Rules which require majority approvals.
VI. Congress may remove any officials from Office, including Justices, with a unanimous vote and majority of the people’s approval.
VII. If a 3/4 of the People agree, a Senator may be removed from Office and a special election shall determine an inhabitant for the rest of the Office's term.

The Amendment Process

(16) Article XXIII shall be added to the Constitution and named, "Amendments".
(17) Article XXIII shall consist of the following clauses:
I. Constitutional amendments must be approved unanimously by Congress.
II. Constitutional amendments must also be approved by a majority of the People.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum